Privacy & Safety
At GAMEPLAY we are committed to protecting your privacy.
We will only use the information that we collect about you in accordance with all applicable data protection and privacy legislation, regulations and guidance.
This website and any of our online services are not intended for children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect children’s data without parental consent.
It is strictly prohibited for a child under the age of 13 to access the online element of these services such as our online booking and tournament platforms without parental consent.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. Please see below to find out more about these rights:
Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request")
This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Request correction of your personal data
This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
Request erasure of your personal data
This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Object to processing of your personal data
Where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Request restriction of processing of your personal data
This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data's accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Request the transfer of your personal data
We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
Withdraw consent at any time
Where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent. We will to respond to all legitimate requests within one month unless your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, it may take us longer to respond but we will notify you and keep you updated.
Pre-Payment made by customers Ahead of new software releases terms and conditions
In these Terms and Conditions of Pre-Payment the expressions "Us", "We" and "Our" relate to Gameplay LA.
Please read these Pre-Payment Terms carefully before making your Proceeding as the terms and conditions set out below will apply.
We reserve the right to change these Terms and when we do so Our new Pre-Payment Terms will be available in Our stores.
1. These Pre-Payment Terms apply alongside and in addition to Our Terms and Conditions of Sale which apply to all sales made by Us in-store.
2. Nothing in these Pre-Payment Terms or in Our Terms and Conditions of Sale are intended to or will have the effect of excluding or reducing your statutory rights as a consumer.
3. When you order a software product in advance of its release date you may be given the option to pay for the software product in full at the time of order. The price you pay for the product will be determined by in-store staff when you make the Pre-Payment.
4. Payment will be taken using cash, credit or debit card, a Gift Card, or other Game Gift Cards that you may have. At that point you will have bought your new software product. You will be issued with a collection pack which you must retain as you will require it to collect your software product at the time of release.
5. Please take good care of your collection pack as you must present it when collecting your software product and we reserve the right not to release the product without it. If you do not bring it with you at time of collection there may be considerable delay whilst we check your entitlement to the product and you may not be able to collect it on the release date.
6. Pre-Payment can be made a number of weeks prior to the software product’s expected release date (as determined by in-store staff). Not all software products are available for Pre-Payment. Products that are available for Pre-Payment will be determined by in-store staff members upon request.
7. Sometimes the price of a software product will decrease between the time a Pre-Payment is made and the software product’s release date. If this happens, the difference in price will be refunded to you when you collect your software product in-store. The refund will be made to either a Game Gift Card or to the payment method you originally used to make the pre-payment (at your option).
8. You will be able to collect your software product in-store on or after the release date during Our store’s business hours. Some of Our stores may offer special midnight collections for selected products; however these are strictly at the discretion of Our individual stores and will not be available for all prepaid software products.
9. Sometimes supplies of new software products are not available to us on the expected dates and pre-payment does not guarantee availability of any software product on a specific date.
10. If however We are for any reason unable to supply you with the ordered software product within a reasonable time of the expected availability date, We will always try to offer you an acceptable alternative product. If however We cannot offer you an alternative which you find acceptable and as a result you cancel your order, We will refund your pre-payment for the item concerned in full to either a Game Gift Card or to the payment method you originally used to make the Pre-Payment (at your option).
11. If, having paid a pre-payment, you change your mind and cancel your order, except where this is as a result of Our breach, We reserve the right to retain a sum to cover Our expenses in dealing with the administration of your order and its cancellation as well as Our lost business resulting from your cancellation. We may however at Our discretion allow you to transfer the pre-payment amount and apply it against purchase of a different product available in-store. Any refund following this will be to either a Game Gift Card or to the payment method you originally used to make the Pre-Payment (at your option).
12. By making a pre-payment and providing Us with your contact details you agree to Us contacting you with regard to the software product.
13. These Pre-Payment Terms apply to purchases made in Game stores only and do not apply to on-line transactions.
14. These Pre-Payment Terms shall be interpreted under US Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of said law.
Gameplay LA accepts payment in the form of
- Credit / Debit Cards
- PAYPAL (coming soon)
- Offline Payments